Gas Guns awarness

Go down

Gas Guns awarness

Post by PathFinder on 17th February 2011, 9:45 am

Well since I lived in Vegas.I was reading thru fps enguagement ranges.Has anyone noticed a differance with gas guns? I mean as weather gets hotter gas expands so an avg gas gun thats in fps range becomes hotter meaning it fires way harder due to gas expansion.We had to actually ban gas sniper rifles because of it extreem heat day events. Also one important thing to keep in mind other than the safty aspect that the gun can become damaged and need major repairs if its an extreem heat day.so fyi
PathFinder
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Re: Gas Guns awarness

Post by Lunchbox on 17th February 2011, 10:39 am

Yes, this is a well-documented phenomenon. The inverse is true as well, in temps below 40F the gas efficiency in handguns becomes so low that it will only yield <30% of it normal capacity.

Banning gas rifles altogether is an extreme step, since most people who are serious about sniping (not speaking of the budget beater circles) tend to run an on-bottle regulator to offer better consistency in the first place.

Lunchbox
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by PathFinder on 17th February 2011, 10:51 am

well i was only one guy and they had it in place before i got there besides heat temp of about 120 deg. makes gas guns dangerouse seen a mag burst blew the valve right out
PathFinder
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunchbox on 17th February 2011, 9:51 pm

By no means was I meaning to come off derogatorily, I simply elaborated on your statement and offered my opinion. Upon re-reading it, my previous post comes across a little coldly. Sorry about that

Lunchbox
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by PathFinder on 17th February 2011, 11:33 pm

hey its kool just like to get ideas n thoughts goin i like imput
PathFinder
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Che Chuy on 18th February 2011, 7:09 am

Never leave an opening like that for me to take advantage of - fair warning! I mean, sheesh, "I like input' is too easy!

Very Happy

There aren't that many gas weapons 'round here - most are pistols, and if I've tallied right, even fewer are CO2.

Che Chuy
Wayward Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PathFinder on 18th February 2011, 10:09 am

ehh its kool a meeting of the minds ...ahhh guess that leaves u out chuy lol jk bro
PathFinder
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Longbow on 7th March 2011, 8:02 am

gas guns require an extra knowledge to employ correctly. most i've seen cook off in the mag when it gets realy hot. luckily on the kjw m700s and older tanakas they have a dial that allows varied volumes of gas into the chamber making them safer (hopefully so).
A good point though since we're comming into the warmer months and it would be well served to mind that velocity in mid day pistol battles.

Longbow
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down