Migrating South

Go down

Migrating South

Post by BIRDSTRIKE on 12th February 2014, 6:26 pm

Good Time of Day Everyone,

I am BIRDSRIKE. I have played airsoft in and around Ohio heavily between 2007-2011. Since then I have not made it out as often as I would have liked due to other responsibilities and so on. I am moving to the  Fort Walton Beach area mid spring and therefore gearing up to play again.

I signed up for the forum to learn how and where airsoft is played on the Gulf Coast. It looks like Airsoft Southern Command and TFAA training center are the closest dedicated fields. I am open to suggestions for other places to play in the area.

So far I have two questions. Up here highcaps and drum mags on non LMGs are highly discouraged. How do you all feel about high caps? And, do you guys usually use a green VS tan team setup at games?

I look forward to playing with you all come the spring. 

V/R,
BIRDSTRIKE
BIRDSTRIKE
Meat Puppet
Meat Puppet

Back to top Go down

Re: Migrating South

Post by Redshirt on 12th February 2014, 9:18 pm

Welcome Birdstrike,
I'm in Gulf Breeze.  Southern Command (SC) and TFAA are about equidistant from me.  I play both, though consider TFAA my home field.  Usually SC's bi-weekly games are deconflicted from TFAA.  Try both fields for very different experience. 

SC in a smaller field, centered around a hill with a village atop and several smaller forts in the forest below making for some good/fast objective games.  All guns are chrono'd with .20 BBs.  I've had some great games there, but the smaller field does limit some game types.

TFAA is a much larger complex and is actively being refined as it's still a fairly new field for us.  I'll leave the others to describe the latest developments as I've been out the last few months.  I do plan to make the 1 March game as my first outing with my crazy new toy.  This field is much more suited to longer games over varied terrain.

Not so much worried about mag sizes at either field for informal games.  More emphasis about FPS-appropriate engagement ranges.  Both fields allow minors to play with permissions so you get the good and the bad that comes with the 12 year olds.  We all have to start somewhere.

As far as colors, easiest is for your party to dress alike.  I've seen green vs tan and digital vs analog, all other factors  notwithstanding when picking teams.

Welcome to the Gulf Coast.

Redshirt
Redshirt
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum