Introduction

Go down

Introduction

Post by Rhodes on 3rd February 2014, 11:26 am

Hello All,

I had my first adventure at TFAA this past weekend (Feb 1st '14). For my first time, it was an amazing experience. Unfortunately, I had to dip out early due to prior arrangements but for the time I was there it felt like the real deal again.

A little bit about me:

Everyone calls me "Rhodes", really weird to hear someone call me by my first name in the field. It may actually stop me dead in my tracks, ha!

I'm originally from Delaware, little town called Middletown. When I graduated in 2011, I moved down to Tuscaloosa to attend the University of Alabama. There studied for 2 years, Criminal Justice / Army ROTC, then had some personal problems come up and altered my course. I then moved down here to Silverhill with my father, we bought a home together so I'm here for at least 15 more years. I currently attend University of Phoenix Online still pursuing a Criminal Justice degree with a concentration in Cyber Security.

Airsoft is more than a hobby for me. When I was in high school it was a sport for me and my team. We would go play airsoft every weekend, place called "Ghettoblaster" which was an old tank proving ground. Over 75+ acres of land, with hills and valleys intact. There were a few mines still left in the field, however they were disarmed. Awesome memories made. Before Airsoft, I played paintball for a few years until the hobby became too expensive. Being on a pro-team and back right is not a great combination for a jobless teen. So I moved myself to airsoft and have not regretted it since!

However, when I started college at UA they wouldn't allow firearms in the dorms, whether they were replica or not. So I had to sell all of my equipment prior to leaving.
I got rid of most of my equipment and for 2 years I didn't get a chance to play airsoft. So i've been out of the game now for 2 years, but when I moved down here I started getting my gear back with a lot more improvements of course.

I was frantically trying to find a field I could call home and I'm glad that I gave TFAA a chance, because the field is amazing. The amount of work and effort put forth by the staff and members is unsurpassed by any effort put forth on other fields that I've been to. Humidity is something I will have to just get used to still but I'm all fine with sweat.

I'm a tactical guy, team player and my philosophy in airsoft is you can never have too many battle buddies.
I'm also a website designer/logo/computer geek as well. I used to work at Best Buy in Spanish Fort, before quitting in the new year due to management issues. However I am working now with a company where I mange their internet sales department and aspirations of soon opening up my own computer repair business. I really wish I had the funds to purchase a warehouse large enough to have an indoor CQB field so we could have some awesome games year round. But possibly that time might come in the near future, who knows. 

My plans this year is to be more active at TFAA, possibly join a local team here. 

Attend Operation Eagle Fury in April '14
Attend Operation Irene XII in October '14
Have fun!

I think this post was a little more than a little about me, I probably wrote a biography on accident.
However if you still feel that you need to know more about me, then feel free to ask me questions. I'm an open-note book, very friendly and I'm always there for my battles.

Thanks for reading and welcoming me to TFAA, I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

-Rhodes

Rhodes
Meat Puppet
Meat Puppet

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post by Howie on 11th February 2014, 5:44 pm

Your Good To post Man!
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down